We are proud to offer social skills classes for children, adolescents, and adults that are open to the public. Classes include instruction of specific social skills that will help members learn how to make and keep friendships. Instruction methods include role-play scenarios, group activities and modeling of techniques by course instructor. In addition to course instruction, there will be two 90min socialization events at the practice where members will have the opportunity to practice skills learned in class and interact with each other by participating in fun activities. This program is facilitated by our social skills specialist Frank Guastella, LMSW.
- 8-week commitment
- 1:1 lesson required
- 6-60 min. sessions
- 2-90 min Socialization Events
- Course material included
- Learn to make and keep friends
- Role-Play: This approach helps students distinguish between appropriate
interaction and inappropriate interaction.
- Modeling: The course instructor demonstrates how students can communicate
appropriately in a variety of different social settings (e.g. job, parties, school).
- Direct Instruction: The course instructor teaches students communication skills
that will improve their ability to interact with peers.
- Socialization Events: The course instructor will facilitate social events at the
practice so that members can interact with each other and participate in fun
activities that will encourage social interaction and help foster friendships.
- Trading Information/Two -way conversations
- Body Language
- Identifying and communicating emotions
- Appropriate use of humor
- Starting individual/group conversations
- Electronic communication (eg, Texting , phone conversations)
- Having a successful conversation
To apply, please register below or call us direct (631) 551-5095.
- Registration Class Fee: $85 for 1:1 social skills lesson with Frank Guastella, LMSW and $480 for eight classes= $565.
- You have the option to pay for the initial interview $85 or to pay the class in full $565