We are proud to offer social skills classes for children, adolescents, and adults that are open to the public. In addition to course instruction, participants will be encouraged to network with peers by participating in role-play scenarios and behavioral rehearsal exercises with other members during group. In order to reinforce social skills learned in the group, members will be asked to complete homework assignments that involve performing a social task (eg. calling peer, scheduling a meeting, ordering food, etc.). A pre and post test will be administered to track progress. This program is facilitated by our social skills specialist Frank Guastella, LMSW.
- 6-week commitment
- 60 Minute sessions
- Course material included
- Learn to make and keep friends
- Role-Play: This approach helps students distinguish between appropriate interaction and inappropriate interaction.
- Modeling: The course instructor demonstrates how students can communicate appropriately in a variety of different social settings (e.g. job, parties, school).
- Direct Instruction: The course instructor teaches students communication skills that will improve their ability to interact with peers.
- Trading information/Two-way conversations
- Body Language
- Choosing appropriate Friends
- Appropriate use of humor
- Starting individual/group conversations
- Identifying and communicating emotions
- Electronic Communication (ex. Texting, phone conversations)
- Having a successful get together
To apply, please register below or call us direct (631) 551-5095.
Registration Class Fee: $85 for initial interview and $350 for six classes= $435 Total Multiple Items *