Adult Anxiety Group
LIBH is now offering a 6-week anxiety group for adults. Participants will learn effective techniques to reduce anxiety and negative self-talk in a safe and comfortable environment. Participants will learn CBT techniques, relaxation skills This group provides a therapeutic environment where participants can develop better coping skills, learn evidence based CBT techniques and relaxation skills. The group process can be empowering because participants can use these positive skills to help each other through their own success. This group is facilitated by Jessica Carlucci, LMSW.
The benefits of our program include:
- Improved coping skills
- Reduced anxiety
- Reduced negative self-talk
- Supportive therapeutic environment
- Validation from peers
- Elimination of Isolation
- 6-week commitment
- 1:1 lesson required ($85)
- 6-60 min. sessions
- $60 Per group
- Insurance may cover part of the cost
- Mondays 8:00 pm -9:00 pm
To apply, please register below or call us direct (631) 551-5095.
We are proud to offer social skills classes for children, adolescents, and adults that are open to the public. Classes include instruction of specific social skills that will help members learn how to make and keep friendships. Instruction methods include role-play scenarios, group activities and modeling of techniques by course instructor. In addition to course instruction, there will be two 90min socialization events at the practice where members will have the opportunity to practice skills learned in class and interact with each other by participating in fun activities.
- 8-week commitment
- 1:1 lesson required
- 6-60 Minute sessions
- 2-90 Min. Socialization events
- Course material included
- Learn to make and keep friends
- Role-Play: This approach helps students distinguish between appropriate
interaction and inappropriate interaction.
- Modeling: The course instructor demonstrates how students can communicate
appropriately in a variety of different social settings (e.g. job, parties, school).
- Direct Instruction: The course instructor teaches students communication skills
that will improve their ability to interact with peers.
- Socialization Events: The course instructor will facilitate social events at the
practice so that members can interact with each other and participate in fun
activities that will encourage social interaction and help foster friendships.
- Trading Information/Two -way conversations
- Body Language
- Identifying and communicating emotions
- Appropriate use of humor
- Starting individual/group conversations
- Electronic communication (eg, Texting , phone conversations)
- Having a successful conversation
- Registration Class Fee: $85 for 1:1 social skills lesson with Frank Guastella, LMSW and $480 for eight classes= $565.
- You have the option to pay for the initial interview $85 or to pay the class in full $565
To apply, please REGISTER HERE or call us direct (631) 551-5095.
Please contact LIBH today to learn more about this program. You can call us direct or use the contact form to the right to send us a message with your group of interest.